The most favoured manner of communication on the internet these days is, undoubtedly, memes. So it did not come as a surprise that the moment Reliance Jio came up with the cheapest internet and call plans in the world, it spawned a huge number of memes as Twitter and other social media networks went into a frenzy. While most of the memes centred on the number of people vying for a Jio sim and how the Reliance Annual General Meeting (AGM) had taken the entire telecom circle by storm, the most hilarious of those were the ones that focused on the plight of the competing telecom operators and the fate that awaited them if Jio were to take off in the nation hungry for affordable connectivity.
Reliance Jio SIMs go on sale today throughout India. On this occasion, we bring you a compilation of the ten best memes off the internet. Brace yourselves, humour is coming.
- That moment when Ambani sat on the throne.
Source: @TheQuint on Twitter
- This rather dark attempt at humour.
Source: @SmokingSkills_ on Twitter
- Probably the most aptly described.
Source: @KyaUkhaadLega on Twitter
- When the ambassador himself was being a little considerate.
Source: @TheViralFever on Twitter
- Bhai Bhai. Bhai Bhai.
Source: @Madan_Chikna on Twitter
- That one request that probably everyone has on their mind right now.
Source: @iamGPSingh on Twitter
- The honest name for this product.
Source: @AllIndiaBakchod on Twitter
- Reaction videos, anyone?
Source: @chinmayomp on Twitter
- Everybody wants it now. Can’t blame ‘em.
Source: @GabbbarSingh on Twitter
- When the topic is memes, how can one leave Kejriwal out?
Source: @LoveOOO7 on Twitter
Please take this light humour as we don’t wish to hurt anyone’s sentiments and a heartful thanks to our Tweetarati who manage to come up with such hilarious memes. Do let us know if we left out any of your favourite memes. Till then, stay tuned.