Before few days we published a handy guide on how to turn one the computer, desktop or laptop, a Wi- Fi hotspot to provide Internet access to wireless devices around and immediately, Mac owners you have been eating our ! It is understood that this feature is provided by Apple’s systems, even though they are not as flexible as … in Windows.
The main constraint here is to do with the way in which your Mac is connected to the internet: it can not be connected through Wi- Fi, while deals with the same wireless access , so in the first instance should be either the connect to the network using Ethernet (network cable), or create a Bluetooth Personal Area network (PAN) to provide Internet access. Let’s see them in practice, where things are much easier.
So here’s simple steps to turn your Mac to a Wi-Fi Hotspot :
- Open the ” System Preferences” on Mac OS X
- Then you will find the option ” Sharing” . In the window that appears, click on the ” Internet Sharing” from the list and specify the menu
- When finished click on ” the ” Internet Sharing”from the list on the left and click ” Start” in the window that appears.
- Configure : a) the way it is connected to your Mac in the network and b) how to share access. Assuming that you selected the partition to be via Wi-Fi, you press the button ” Wi- Fi Options”at the bottom of the window to specify your network name, encryption method and password.
- When finished with the, “Wifi Configuration” then click on ” Internet Sharing”from the list on the left and click ” Start” in the window that appears.
Now, if your Mac is connected to the local network via Wi-Fi, you can distribute access to it by creating a Bluetooth PAN , as we said above . Here is sharing via Bluetooth , which means that rates will not be as impressive in the manner described earlier, but if anything your job will be done. The procedure is the same as above, just make sure you choose the right connection types (Wi-Fi) and sharing (Bluetooth PAN) connection.
If you want to connect to a Wi-Fi network as your Mac and also to share and access also Internet Wi-Fi, you will need a USB Wi- Fi adapter .
If you are trouble finding the process, check this video out explaining how to configure your mac into a Wi-Fi hotspot