So bought a new Android Smartphone, i guess it may be latest Samsung Galaxy Note 7 and you are looking at how to migrate your contacts from your iPhone to Google contacts, it’s really important for you to have your contacts synced to the new phone.
Most of all us think, getting contacts from iPhone to Android is very difficult task, google have made it so simple just you need to sync your contacts to iCloud in order to achieve that.
i should point out that the title of this post is “how to transfer contacts from iPhone to Google contacts“, it will actually work for any iTunes account that has iCloud setup, to export your contacts from iCloud to Google Contacts.
Before we begin, make sure you’ve backed up your iPhone just to make 100% sure that everything of yours is safe and sound and you can revert back if needed.
Right, let’s sync these iPhone contacts with Google Contacts, there are really different methods to achieve that.
How to transfer / sync iCloud contacts directly to Google contacts.
( Method 1 )You will directly sync / merge / or migrate your iCloud contacts into Google Contacts without use of exported vCard file or any other import format, thanks to google’s new contact tool which imports contacts from as many as 200 service providers like iCloud, Yahoo, Msn, VK, Rediff, inbox, and other email providers.
- First step is to make sure that you have iCloud set up on your iPhone and are syncing your contacts. To check this, pick up your iPhone and go to: Settings > iCloud > Contacts, Make sure that the you are using iCloud and that the contacts sync setting is on, that’s it !
- Just log-into your, Gmail account, which is synced to the Android Smartphone, type in your account details and press next.
- After successful login, you just need to go to contacts section ( https://www.google.com/contacts )
- Select the contact import tool under “More”, you will get a window ( Import contacts from other accounts ), just select other email provider.
- you will be see another window, which will ask your credentials, type in your iCloud username and password ( as show below )
- You will see “your contacts are syncing”, after it has finished importing, you will get a notification “All finished”
- Woo, it’s done, it was really simple, don’t forget to merge duplicate contacts, just find the duplicates ( if you have some existing contacts in google contacts ) and merge duplicates.
Google have made it really simple, just you need to have your contacts in iCloud, import directly in Google Contacts.
How To Export iCloud Contacts to vCard, and merge to Google contacts ( Old method )
( Method 2 ) Here we will export your iCloud Contacts file to vCard and then we will merge into Google Contacts, we have tested many browsers to export the vcf file from icloud but it doesn’t work will all the browsers, so please download safari browser or you can just use EDGE browser in windows 10.
Note : Only working on Safari and EDGE browsers.
- Visit iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
- After logging in, choose the Contacts option to show your contacts.
- Select the first contact in your list. Then hold down the shift key and select the last contact on your list. This will select all the contacts on your list. Click the gear in the lower left-hand corner and select Export vCard…
- You will be get a prompt, Just Save your contacts to your desired path..
- Now you have successfully exported your iCloud Contacts to vCard file, and the rest process is same, as in method 1. just log-into Gmail account and select contacts import tool from “more” tab and then select CSV or vCard format .
- That’s it, all your vCard contacts have been imported to your Google contacts, don’t forget to use “find & merge duplicates“
Its was not that bad, its simple as hell, just need to follow these simple steps and get all your contacts into one place “Google contacts”
How To Migrate your iPhone Contacts via App.
( Method 3) we have a lot of third-party apps, which gives us portability to transfer all your iPhone contacts to Google contacts, some of them are really worth. I use to transfer my contacts using this method earlier, it’s simple doesn’t even need a computer to do that. In this method contacts are exported in vCard and directly mailed to your Gmail Account,
let’s see how it’s done,
- Download and launch the app on your iPhone.
- When the app (“MCBackup”) asks to access your contacts, tap OK
- Tap Backup
- Tap email, attach the vCard file to an email and send it to your Gmail account.
- Open up the email from your Android device, download the vCard file and import your contacts to the phone
Some other useful apps to export contacts :
Note: I always prefer saving your all contacts to google is best and time-saving, you can switch to iOS or android or else you can use both smartphones with one google contacts data synced with both phones.
We hope by this tutorial you are now able to transfer all your contacts from iPhone / iCloud to your Google Contacts, we have shown 3 simple methods to do that. Thankfully both Apple and Google support the vCard standard for contacts which makes it incredibly easy to move from one ecosystem to another.
Also, doing it yourself can save you a transfer fee at a local cell phone retailer, as some have been known to charge.
Good luck and happy transferring!
If this tutorial has been helpful please don’t forget to show it by leaving a comment, tweeting it or liking it on Facebook. Cheers!