There are already 10+ million US Pokémon trainers who are busy to make their collection complete. But how do you get in touch with other players of Pokemon Go , how do you find rare Pokémon and where you exceptional pictures with like-minded people to share? There appear all kinds of apps and websites that you can use when playing Pokémon. Fun, because if the experience is still little further expanded.
Pokemon Go apps: get even more out of the game
Jump straight to the app or service for which you want to know more:
- GoSnap : share photos of special places
- Poke Radar : Search for rare Pokemon
- Radar for Pokemon Go : Dutch app for rare Pokemon
- Ingress : precursor Pokemon Go
- PokéVision (update): near real-time look where Pokémon can be found
- Pokemap : an unofficial map, based on a hack
- GoChat : an app for chatting, currently temporarily offline
- RazerGo: A website and app to chat with other players
- Willow : an app with useful information about Pokémon
- More Pokemon Go apps
# 1 GoSnap
Now Pokemon Go is out, you will see many beautiful images. So Pokémon appear in the strangest places and get some hilarious photos. Nice, but where you can now actually say? In GoSnap. This app lets you share your screenshots, others liken add hashtags and place them on the map. A kind of Instagram for Pokemon Go so.
#2 Poke Radar
It is of course intended that all 150 Pokémon catches in the game, but you often come across the same species. Are you tired all the Pidgey’s Ratata and Spearow’s? Then Poke Radar a good app to install. Now you have specific Pokémon found nearby , but look where it Onix still appear. All information submitted by users, thus finding fewer Pokémon on the radar in some places. But every bee (s) particles!
# 3 Radar Pokémon Go
Similar to Poké Radar Radar Pokémon Go. However, this app is designed by Dutch. Again, all information submitted by players and you can see exactly where your favorite Pokémon is.
Maybe this app surprises you a bit, but Ingress can actually add much to your Pokemon Go experience. The app is in fact a kind of forerunner to the popular game and also developed by Niantic. Moreover Niantic has a lot of Portals from Ingress converted to gyms and PokéStops , but you can also find on the map where probably are many Pokémon.
You see lots of dots on the map, this means that there are many “XM” is.Which called XM translates into Pokemon Go to areas with many of the critters that you have to catch (and want). A better map is almost not!
#5 PokéVision (update)
No app but a website , which is increasingly difficult to achieve due to the large number of users. PokéVision tells you exactly where Pokémon are at the moment you look. There is also how long they are still there, so you know whether it is useful to walk on that side. Incidentally, is there to see a slight delay in the card, which Pokémon you sometimes while they are not yet on this card.
Update : PokéVision is (temporarily?) Stopped at the request of Nintendo and Niantic. It is uncertain whether they will start yet again.
# 6 Pokémap
There are also fans who make hacks to move forward with Pokémon. One is AHAAAAAA example, a group of developers that a map with all the Pokémon live on a map, plus the option to see and Gyms Pokéstops. A fun project, but against the rules of Niantic. For this, the server is hacked namely, so as to obtain the information. The danger is that Niantic if you use this software you out of the game context, what they have done at Ingress in similar cases. Use of this card is at your own risk.
# 7 GoChat
GoChat is a problem case in our list.The app maker is overtaken by the success and says that he is likely to go bankrupt. He currently has the GoChat app removed from the App Store, but if you have already installed the app, you can find these in your download history in iTunes.Manufacturer Razer is working on its own chat app for Pokemon Go (see below). Until then, you’ll have to make do with this.
One of the drawbacks of Pokemon Go is that you can not talk with others while playing, unless you’re all together. With GoChat you can just that, but the app includes other interesting features. So you can look up each other by walking to a Pokéstop or Gym. Once you’re there in the neighborhood, you can chat with other players. In addition, you can add your friends to the app and send private messages.
We have temporarily removed the download link because the application is currently unavailable.
# 8 Razer
Razer is a manufacturer of computers and accessories aimed at gamers.However, they also have a chat service called RazerGo, you can chat with other Pokemon Go players. You can use the service through the website , but also through the available app. RazerGo can be used on iOS and Android , and must Razer according to the place where you are chatting with other players. The app knows your location and allows you to see within a radius of 5, 100 and 1000 kilometers of who’s around. You can also join a public chat, just talk with members of your own team (red, blue or yellow) or conduct one-on-one conversations. Furthermore, it is Razer intends to players to place to give the possibility of beacons, in which there is present a special chat room on location.
The app Willow is a useful tool to learn more about all Pokémon from Pokémon Go. Which Pokémon come out of the eggs and how many candies you need to evolve your favorite Pokemon? This app tells you.
You will learn all about the available Pokémon, what type they are and what their weaknesses are. This is not only useful in the gyms in Pokemon Go, but also can further be useful in the traditional Pokémon games. You can filter the app Pokémon type and eggs, and you see how rare Pokémon.It comes at a small price tag on this app, but all relevant information can be quite useful if you’re looking for strong Pokemon.
More Pokemon Go apps
There are many other developers who are trying to respond to the Pokemon Go hype:
- LureSquad : This website is trying to capitalize on the success of Pokemon Go. With this website, companies can get in touch with new customers.Owners of a company can register a PokéStop and then offer a reward if you place an Lure module, such as a cup of coffee or a 10% discount.Using the map you looking PokéStops around and you can see if companies want to have a Lure. In the Netherlands we saw some rare Pokémon, but no discounts from companies via this website. Visit the website using Safari on your iPhone.
- Google Maps : In the game you see the grid, but you do not always know in what direction you should go. With Google Maps you easily plan a route to a Lure or Gym.
- Find My Friends : The default Search Friends app, you can simply short time to share your location. Handy if you go in a group, spread on the road in order to increase your chances of finding a rare Pokémon.
- PokéDates : Of course there are even dating services devised for Pokemon Go players. With Pokédates single trainers can agree with each other at a PokéStop or gym, then go catch together Pikachu’s Squirtles and Mewtwo’s. The service takes care of everything for you: from the nearest PokéStop to find a suitable time. On the basis of some questions the site determines which players fit best together. Let’s hope you meet not jealous date, you will not grants you unique Pokémon.
- PokeMatch – meet new trainers : Looking for a fun Pokédate? This app Tinder combines Pokemon Go, which you directed to search for other people who are interested in Pokemon and open for a fun date. Then know exactly what you can do together on the first date.