Are you done with slow connectivity? Cannot get the most of your internet speed to download files? Read on to know the trick as of how to speed up your IDM download speed with few changes.
Internet Download Manager (IDM) is one of the most widely used downloader applications for Windows to boost up download speed in computers. The best thing about Internet Download Manager is that it can resume any of your downloads. Currently, we are going to discuss the best way to assist you in boosting up the download speed.
Here are few of the easy steps to improve the download speed of Internet Download Manager.
Steps to Speed up IDM Downloads
Here, we have discussed some of the amazing ways to boost download speed of Internet Download Manager which is based on some settings to change in your downloader and you can dramatically increase your download speed.
Option 1 – Changing Settings
Just change these settings in your download manager and see the result in its download speed.
- First of all, open the IDM app, click ‘Downloads’ and turn off the Speed Limiter.
- Click ‘Downloads’ again and go to ‘Settings’ in Speed Limiter. Set the limit to a bit less than connection speed of your broadband or mobile data. It would be better to set the limit from 1000 KB to 10000 KB.
- Click ‘Downloads” button again and choose “Options”. Under “Connections” tab, choose high bandwidth connection speed or type. Click “OK” to save changes.
- Now you will have to click “Default max. conn. Number”. Just go to “Option” and click “Connection” tab. Then you can change it from 8 to 16 and click “OK”.
This is all you have to do to enhance the download speed.
Option 2 – Close all Ongoing Downloads
Sometimes, other ongoing downloads slow the speed down. If you are experiencing slow download speed in IDM there must be other app or movie which is being downloaded at the same time. So, be sure that all the ongoing downloads are paused to boost the speed. You can also turn the Windows updates off that silently eat up your data.
Option 3 – Close all Other Apps
Open task manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete key combination simultaneously. You can also open it by clicking anywhere in the task bar and choosing “Task Manager”. Now find the apps which are occupying most of your RAM. Close all the unwanted apps to let IDM utilize your RAM to improve your download speed.
Option 4 – Use IDM Optimizer for Windows
IDM Optimizer is a tool to boost up the download speed of your IDM. Use this tool if none of these above methods worked.
- Make sure Internet Download Manager is installed. IDM Optimizer works only when IDM is installed on your PC.
- Download and install this tool on your PC.
- Launch IDM Optimizer and you will see a user-friendly interface. When you use it for the first time, it will ask you to restart your Internet Download Manager. Do it and restart your PC.
- After restarting, you will get enhanced IDM to download your desired data and see the change. Click on “Restore Default” if you wish to get your default settings back.
This is all you need to do. Now you have improved IDM.