Do you see that your android phone’s battery is draining out fast? This is the case almost with every phone user. The reasons are many. We use our smart phones daily for various purposes like calling, messaging, using various networks or listening to music or videos. As we use our mobiles for any of these the battery gets drained. There are certain apps those when not in use also drains battery and we have to put our phone again to be charged. Isn’t there a way out to stop this frequent drainage of battery? Yes, definitely there is. It is by using Greenify. It is a free app that can be downloaded on to your phone and save your battery life.
How does Greenify work?
This free app helps you to save battery life by systematically hibernating apps that are not in use. This hibernation stops the apps to be running in the background and eating up battery life. It will not only stop those apps from running but it will also take permission from you when you want to start that app. It does not close all the apps but only those that you wish to close.
How to have Greenify?
It is very easy to have this free app. You can go to play store and download the app. There are basically two versions, one is free and the other one is paid. The paid version has some added experimental features.
How to set up Greenify?
After you have installed the app you have to go through a set up process so that the app functions properly to save your battery life.
- You will be taken to a welcome screen which will give you description about the app and what it does. Hitting next you will go to the next screen.
- You have to select the working mode over here and as your phone is non- rooted you have to select that.
- In the next screen, you will have to verify your screen lock compatibility.
- The next step sets the app to give the best experience that is possible. It will record what actually you want it to do. The verify button next to Power button instantly locked should be tapped to take you to security menu of your phone. You have to disable this option of Power button instantly locked in the security menu. This is required as it will let Greenify work after you stop using the phone.
- After this, you have to verify Auto Lock. This can be done in the same way as above. Likewise, you have to give Greenify the permission to automatically hibernate other apps.
When you have done all this the app will explain what it does and what you can expect from the app. You have also to give the user access to Greenify to work properly. Then you just need to tap finish and Greenify is ready to save the battery life of your android.