BSNL (Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited) is India’s Largest Landline and Broadband Subscriber base telecom service provider with 14.35 million customers.
Dynamic locking or electronically locking your BSNL landline is one of a “Phone Plus Services” from BSNL, it is provided free of cost. Other phone plus services are Call waiting, Call transfer, Caller Line Identification Presentation (CLIP), Automatic wake up call and reminder calls.
Here we will show how to use the Dynamic locking facility to lock your telephone for 100% control on improper use, it may be at your house, office, company etc. You can lock/allow Local, STD or ISD calls in many ways viz. all calls allowed, only local calls allowed, only STD & Local calls allowed, all outgoing calls barred and thereon.
Currently Best Plan for BSNL Landline :
“BSNL customers will be able to make unlimited free voice calling from a BSNL landline to any network mobile and landline in the country every Sunday. At present, it offers unlimited night calling on any network in the country between 9 pm to 7 am as complimentary service for all its customers.
If you are not having a BSNL landline, just apply for a new fixed line connection for monthly rental starting from Rs. 49 for first six months, and after that, a consumer can shift to any plan. It’s an Independence day offer to attract new customers.
Must See : How-To: Speed Up BSNL Broad Band Connection
How To Lock your BSNL Landline using Simple Dynamic Locking method:
No Doubt, BSNL is the best service provider ( only you need to find the right officer to get your things done, i got mine 🙂 ). I have been using BSNL Landline for my Internet purpose as its very affordable than other big companies.
So when you are mainly using your BSNL landline then why the hell you need outgoing, you can save money by this simple method that will guide you to lock your outgoing calls. Follow these easy step to use the dynamic locking facility :
Get register to the facility first :
Step #1: First time registration for dynamic locking –
Choose a 4 digit numeric code and Dial 123 xxxx xxxx (where ‘xxxx‘ is the secret code, you just need to confirm the password by entering it double time )
Eg – 123 1234 1234 (1234 is your secret code)
wait for the acceptance code and disconnect. ( Acceptance tone is a busy tone of long duration )
Step #2: Now the phone is registered for locking your landline electronically. Please remember the secret code and don’t share.
Lock Commands :
There are different set of commands for different locking, the advantage of these are if you want to only lock ISD and STD calls and allow Local calls, then it’s possible. Here are the locking dial commands go through the cheat sheet below
International calls locking :
- How to bar STD/ISD calls facility : Dial 124 1234 1 then wait for the acceptance tone then disconnect. Now STD/ISD calls will be barred.
- How to Allow STD/ISD calls facility: Dial 124 1234 0 ( ‘0’ its numeric zero) then wait for the acceptance tone then disconnect. Now STD/ISD calls can be made.
National calls locking :
- How to bar STD/ISD/95 (mobile) calls facility : Dial 124 1234 2 then wait for the acceptance tone then disconnect. Now STD/ISD/95 calls will be barred.
- How to Allow only STD calls facility : Dial 124 1234 3 then wait for the acceptance tone then disconnect. Now STD calls can be made.
Local Calls Locking :
- How to bar Local calls facility : Dial 124 5555 4 then wait for the acceptance tone then disconnect. Now local calls will be barred .(applicable only if STD Facility is available).
- How to allow Local calls facility: Dial 124 5555 1 or 2 then wait for the acceptance tone then disconnect. Now Local calls can be made.
How to change your secret code of dynamic locking facility :
Ohhhh, your password or secret code is known by your friends or family members, don’t worry have a cup of tea it’s simple as that !
Even you can change your secret code if you wish to. Follow this procedure to change the code –
Dial 123 xxxx abcd. "xxxx"is your old code and “abcd” is your new 4 digit code. Eg: 124 1234 5555.
Now your landline is fully secured from unauthorized usage. If any person tries to tamper the code or uses wrong code the system will reject the command. If incorrect code is used 9 times. The telephone is permanently locked and it can be reset only by the exchange in-charge of your area on a written request.
For any FAQs : Official website