TaiG has finally released an iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.4 jailbreak utility for Mac OS X. V1.0.0?(2015-08-02)
Officially released TaiG Jailbreak Tool for Mac V1.0.0, which support all device with iOS8.1.3-8.4
To-do-list : Before Jailbreaking
- You must make a complete backup of your device to either iCloud or locally using iTunes. In case anything goes wrong, you can always get all of your data back using iCloud/iTunes backup.
- Download latest iTunes ( just to check it supports your iOS device )
- Download Taig 2 Jailbreak tool for Mac V 1.0.0, / Mirror.
Ready? Lets begin!
Supported iOS devices: iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 4s, iPod touch 6, iPod touch 5, iPad mini 1/2/3, iPad 2/3/4 and iPad Air 1/2.
The following step by step tutorial will help you jailbreak iOS 8.4 on Mac OS X using the newly released TaiG jailbreak tool.
Step 1: This Jail break tool supports firmware versions : iOS iOS 8.4, 8.3, 8.2 and 8.1.3, although but we recommend to update your idevice to latest iOS 8.4.
You can get the iOS 8.4 firmware file from here: Download iOS 8.4 Final IPSW Links For iPhone And iPad.
Step 2: Get TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac OS X from here: Taig Website ( Slow link )
Step 3: Turn Find My iPhone off from Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone to Off.
Step 4: Turn off Touch ID/Passcode on your device from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode.
Step 5: Now connect your iOS device to Mac. If your iOS device shows a prompt to ‘Trust This Computer?’, tap on Trust.
Step 6 : Now open the downloaded file – Taig 2 Jailbreak tool and install it drag into applications folder
Step 6: Launch TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac OS X that you downloaded in Step 2 above.
Step 7: Check Cydia and Uncheck 3K Assistant option.
Step 8: Now click on ‘Start’ button to begin the jailbreak process.
Step 9: Now just sit patiently for TaiG tool to jailbreak your device. This may take a while. Don’t do anything until you see ‘Jailbreak succeeded!’ message.
Its done, Congrats. After the jailbreak, your device will reboot automatically and you’ll have Cydia on the home screen. Launch Cydia to start tweaking your device!
To-do-list: After Jailbreak:
- Don’t forget to enable Touch ID/Passcode and Find My iPhone after the jailbreak. And download and install cydia sources given list below
- Don’t Miss : Top Cydia sources for 2015
So, how did the TaiG jailbreak tool for Mac OS X go for you? Share your experience with us in the comments section below.