This vulnerability was dangerous as it allowed hackers to gain access to data on mobile devices prior to iOS 10.2 updates. we will discuss more on the patch
Here are the reasons why you should update to iOS 10.2 now,
It can be said there was a vulnerability which bypassed locked screen.
There was a loophole, through which anyone can pass the iPhone passcode, which was discovered in November by simple steps, attackers can get into the contacts app, and your photo library on the device and also your messages.
Experts strongly recommend updating to iOS 10.2 as soon as possible to install on the iPhone and iPad, devices to protect against potential malicious attacks.
How a hacker can gain access via voiceover feature:
1. To break into the victim’s iPhone, you just need to ask the phone number by asking Siri “Who am I?”.
2. The following is call the number to initiate a call or FaceTime. While attacked iPhone calls, you need to click on the screen “Message” and choose the “Other” option in the menu that appears. This is followed by the command to Siri include the VoiceOver feature.
What’s updated in iOS 10.2 :
- iOS 10.2 contains new settings for the cameras, the TV app (US only) – a unified way to access movies and TV shows from various video services, new effects in iMessage.
- In addition, the update adds iPhone and iPad more than a hundred new Emoji with animals, food, athletes and people of different professions.
- The update also intended to improve the work stability and iOS to fix a few bugs.
Of course, this does not apply to those who are waiting for the jailbreak. In this release, Apple has removed a number of vulnerabilities that will be used to crack the iPhone and iPad. The users who are planning to jailbreak, it is recommended to stay on iOS 10.1.1.