Last week Apple launched its latest new mobile operating system, iOS 10 for the next generation. One of the most important feature for iPad family in iOS 10 was Split Screen view directly in the safari browser, that means we can open two pages side by side in native applications.
The great advantage of function split view for Safari in iOS 10 is given by the fact that everything happens in the same application, so we have a unique experience on how to use and is much easier to display two pages in this way than using the two different applications.
How to use Safari split-view on iPad
Step 1: Hold the iPad in landscape mode,
Step 2: Open Safari browser, here you go
Step 3: There are different ways to activate or invoke Split Screen by the use of one of the following methods
- Tap and hold on a link and select Open in Split View
- Use the Command+N hardware keyboard shortcut
- Drag a tab to the left or right side of the screen
- Tap and hold on the tab button and select Open Split View
To exit: the split view mode and return to normal system just long press on any of the tabs and select Merge All Tabs option, the entire interface returning to normal.
After activating the split view, we are talking basically about using two browsers Safari separate because each page provides access to bookmarks, history, favorites, etc, so we are not deprived of any function which provides normal browser of Apple.
You can also use merge all tabs function featured in iOS 10,
How to merge all tabs
- To quickly merge all Safari tabs across both windows, long press on tab button in either Safari Split View window, and tap Merge All Tabs.
Video Demostration :