Everyone is using Google, their services are vast. we user Google for mails, google play, search engine and lots more. We user google account in many computers like office, home, motel and café’s, we use our username and password to sign in and the person who is more aware about security must use two step verification for its account.
And at two step verification you generally put your mobile verification, but what if you at the place where your mobile signals won’t work then you will be surely in trouble, So we have an alternative for this that is How To Protect your Google Accounts with a USB Security Key. Learn more about this in below.
Also Read :- How To Hack App Lock In Any Android Phone
Protect your Google Accounts with a USB Security Key
Now you can use your USB Pendrive as a login device and there will be no need to enter password to login into any of your google account, You just need to insert your USB in computer and you are login in your account. Actually you will be using hardware verification in two step verification rather than any mobile verification etc. So proceed with some simple steps below to implement this.
Steps To Protect your Google Accounts with a USB Security Key :-
- First of all visit to your account at myaccount.google.com.
- Now there click on Sign in & Security and you will then shifted to next page.
- Now there you will find two step verification enable it if you not enable it till now.
- Now click on start setup and then login into your account with password.
- Now enable this verification bu confirming the code, and now you will see screen like below.
- Click on Security Keys section there and the click on add security key.
- Now click on register option there and insert your USB drive.
- After registering click on done button and your USB gmail verification will be activated.
- Now you don’t need to confirm your message received on your mobile, Just enter your username and password and insert your USB and you will get log in into your account at any desktop or laptop.
Why Use this USB Security Key
So that was how and why to use USB Security Key instead of 2 step Verification. I hope this article was helpful to you. Thanks for Reading
Please share the article on social media, and do comment below and let me know what you think about this device. Are you going to use it or not?