Which Mac is compatible for macOS Sierra?
- MacBook 2008 and early / mid-2009
- MacBook Pro 2007, 2008 and 2009
- MacBook Air 2008 and 2009
- Mac mini 2009
- iMac 2007, 2008 and early / mid 2009
- Mac Pro 2008 and 2009
List of macOS Sierra Compatible Mac (s)
Based on the research of some users determined to make this update, the OS would work perfectly on:
- MacBook late 2008 and early / mid 2009
- MacBook Pro late 2008 and early / mid 2009
- iMac early 2009
- Mac Pro early 2009
- 2009 Xserve.
On other models below, the update would work well as those highlighted in yellow have problems with the Wi-Fi .
So here you go, we will guide you to install macOS sierra on your non-compatible mac, just follow these simple steps below
Install macOS Sierra on your non-compatible Macs
Step #1: To install the OS on your Mac, you will firstly need:
- A copy of macOS Sierra
- A USB drive with at least 8GB
- The tool provided to patch the Apple OS ( alternative mirror )
Step #2: Once these prerequisites met, he did not just have to follow these steps:
- Insert your USB key
- Open Disk Utility
- Clear your USB stick with the format Mac OS Extended
- Once done, open the application ” macOS Sierra Patcher” and select the installer previously downloaded system
- Then follow the directions and select your USB drive
- It’ll just click “Start Operation”
Step #3: Once finished, your USB drive is now a boot drive for your Mac, so you need to install macOS Sierra via the latter:
- Restart your Mac while holding down the “alt”
- Select then the startup volume on your USB
- Open Disk Utility and select the disk on which to install your new OS
- Click “Clear” by choosing well in advance the format “Extended OS X”
Step #4: It’ll just install the OS on your disk, once it is installed, restart your Mac still holding down the“alt” .
- It will this time select “Utilities” section “macOS Post Install …”
- Select the application in your model of Mac , the application should detect your configuration automatically (You can still select other patches if necessary)
- Then select your key USB and click “Patch”
- Once applied the patch, it will do more than you click on “Reboot” and wait more or less time
Here you are now equipped with macOS Sierra on your non-Mac compatible!