The release of the new Android 7.0 Nougat operating system has already taken place and is officially available for download. However, knowing the Google, the update may not appear immediately. This is due to the method of release updates – Google ensures that the device receives the installation files without error.
To this end, the corporation creates a kind of virtual download queue.
If the firmware is not available for download officially, we will do all this and download the new OS by the below method.
What we need
- Unpacked SDK tools package (you can download it here )
- The smartphone, which is available for Android 7.0 (list here )
And how to get around all
The procedure will take some time and will be held in two stages: the need to unlock the boot loader, then it will be possible to install the OS.
Step 1. Unlock the bootloader
Here is a step by step guide how to unlock your smartphone bootloader, just follow these simple steps below
- Go into the settings for the device, open the section “About device“.
- Click on the operating system build number seven times. ( activate the developer mode ).
- Put a tick in “Enable OEM unlock“.
- Plug your nexus ( Smartphone ) to a computer via USB-cable, enable debugging mode.
- Turn off the device for update ( Android N )
- Hold down the power and volume decrease button ( simultaneously )
- On your computer, open Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac). Navigate to folder with Platform tools.
- On your computer, type:
./fastboot flashing unlockin a terminal or command prompt.
- Press volume up button and the power button on your device to confirm bootloader unlock.
- On your computer, type:
- Now your bootloader is unlocked and ready to flash the Android 7.0 factory image for your device.
Step 2: Install the Android 7.0 Nougat
Once you have unlocked your bootloader which is necessary for upgrading your device manually using factory android images. You are just few steps behind to taste the new operating system on your nexus device. follow these simple steps below.
- Visit Nexus Factory Images page.
- Scroll down to your phone and find the Android 7.0 image for your phone.
- Once downloaded, extract the file in your Platform tools folder.
- Put your phone into bootloader mode (see above) and plug it into your computer.
- Open Command Prompt (Windows) or Terminal (Mac). Navigate to folder with Platform tools.
- On the command line, type:
./adb devicesto ensure your phone is seen by your computer.
- Type the flash-all command.
On Windows, that will be
On Mac, that will be
Note: The flash-all script is prone to failing on OS X/macOS, and by default wipes your phone.
Having issues flashing your Nexus smartphone ? Just wait until the OTA is pushed to your phone? Tell us your experience with flashing the Nougat factory image in the comments below. We look forward to comparisons with iOS 10.