Cydia is most important and most used application used mainly by jailbroken users. By Cydia you can install any repositories so its very useful. It is hosted at Saurik’s apptapp.saurik.com. you can also install this app via many other repositories ( update ).
When i first installed 3.0 OS on my iPhone 2G, while using Cydia i was unable to refresh and update the inbuilt apps. I wanted to download and install some apps, but failed. Soon after i googled and found we should not install cydia and ice both while jailbreaking. Then again updated 3.0 OS and did a jailbreak with only Cydia, it was a success.
But many users still are having problems while installing, updating via cydia, it crashes many times, and also If you have downloaded and installed Cydia via thebiggboss repo on july 18 then you are in the list of those unfortunate users facing repetitive cydia crash on iPhone and iTouch 3.0.
For 10 minutes on July 18th a corrupted packages file was posted and If you loaded Cydia during that 10 minute period, your packages file will be corrupted. This subsequently causes Cydia to crash each time you use it. Here is fix for iPhone & iPod Touch cydia crashing issue.
Fixing Cydia Installer :
For Windows Users :-
1. Download Clear Cydia List Cache tool (.Net Framework required)
2. Unzip files from above downloaded zip file
3. Run ClearCydiaListCache.exe from above unzipped folder and connect your device
4. Click on button “connect your device and click here” on ClearCydiaListCache.exe
5. Now wait for successful message
For Mac Users :-
1. Connect & ssh to your iPhone and iPod Touch
2. Now go to /private/var/lib/apt/lists
3. Delete all the files in /root/private/var/lib/apt/lists/ except for the partial subfolder.
Do not delete Partial folder