Here is a simple method found on Feng Website, we can find all the necessary details without the aid of any third-party websites, simply look at the serial number on the can clearly know the way your iPhone’s origin and date of manufacture. Do not believe it? That we continue down to see it.
How to Tell origin?
So first we can say that iPhone is clearly made in china, without any doubt. Foxconn factories in mainland China many, but a place for the production of iPhone mainly in Shenzhen, Chengdu and Zhengzhou.
The first letter of iPhone serial number
- Beginning with C means that its manufactured in Shenzhen,
- Beginning with D, means that its manufactured in Chengdu
- Beginning with F, means that its manufactured in Zhengzhou.
There are many facts citing a statement from People that have been circulating that the best quality of iPhones area from Shenzhen, Zhengzhou, followed by Chengdu worst, but there is no argument with scientific basis, credibility is not so high. After reading the origin, we look at how to understand their phone serial number
The serial number of the iPhone varies from four-year of production, with 20 letters (26 letters remove A, B, E, I, O and U), pay attention to every six months based on a carry.
- Where, M on behalf of the first half of 2014,
- N for the second half of 2014,
- P for the first half of 2015,
- Q representative of the second half of 2015, and so on.
Fifth serial number is a number (ie 1-9, removing 0) and letters (26 letters remove A, B, E, I, O, U, S and Z) represented a total of 27, Representative weeks, starting from 1, the number of digital finished digital master, one cycle every six months. For example, N1 and N9 these two serial numbers represent the second half of 2014 and the first week of the ninth week of production.
It should be noted that
- 1-9 represent the first to nine weeks,
- the next step is C, represents the first 10 weeks, and so on.
From the above figure of iPhone serial no,
- starting with D, which represents its origin is in Chengdu,
- the fourth-bit serial number is N, the second half of 2014 on behalf of the factory,
- J on behalf of Week 15, so this machine is Produced in Chengdu, the second half of 2014 Week 15 produced machines.
- Then precise point is mid-October 2014 the factory.
So it was pretty simple but confusing, you can try out with some iPhones and make sure you follow each step.