Windows 10 was commercially released in 2014, but the ‘Windows Insider’ program continues to be in existence even to this day. Windows Insider lets its users access to the latest Windows features before the commercial users get to look at it. The insider program was developed for testers by Microsoft to get a first-hand review of the new features before it can be rolled out to the public.
Curious Windows aficionados can get a taste of the Windows Insider program by getting a preview build of it. They just need to have a PC with Windows 10 installed in it. The preview edition is not for permanent, users can opt out anytime they want.
As is the case with every beta program, this Windows Insider preview build is only for people who wouldn’t mind experiencing accidental bugs. As a caution, Windows Insider involves receiving features which are in their initial stage of development, so it can introduce some funny malfunctions in your computer. Microsoft has recommended not to try the Windows insider program on your main PC.
Now here is a complete guide on how to join the Windows Insider program:
- Sign into your PC with a Microsoft account, any other account won’t do as the Windows Insider will use the same account for its functioning.
- Register on Windows Insider Program with your Microsoft account. Registration for Insider program is free and post registration you will be eligible for receiving Windows Insider builds.
- After registering, Open the Setting app on the PC which has the same Microsoft Account.
- Navigate and open “Update & Security”.
5. Open “Advanced options”.
6. Scroll down and click on the “Get Started” which you will find under the “Get Insider builds”.
7. A “Warning” dialogue box will appear, agree to it by hitting the “Next” button.
8. After enabling the program your PC will restart to finish the launch, so don’t get scared.
Note- If you are unable to click on the “Get Started” button, this is because you have restricted your PC from sending Diagnostic and usage data to the Microsoft. Windows Insider serves as the first platform for Microsoft to receive diagnostics, you need to set your Feedback & diagnostics to either “Full (Recommended)” or “Enhanced”. You can do so from Settings > Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics.
How To Leave The Windows Insider Program.
While joining the Windows Insider, before the final step a warning box appears which also tells us how to recant the Insider built.
To revert to the stable version, you need to perform a clean install of Windows 10, the same way you uninstall Windows 10 and move back to the Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
You may also like:
- Microsoft Releases Windows 10 15002 for PC Insiders With Many New Exciting Features
- How To Rename Multiple Files In A Batch On Windows
- Windows 10 is the most efficient Operating System, know how!
Stay tuned for latest Windows 10 news, tips, and tricks. You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.