Learn to Disable OTA Upgrade iOS on iPhone and iPad without Jailbreaking:
It has been a decade now that Apple and its products are ruling the technology market. it is obvious because of the finest quality and the range of products used are at its best. The Biggest advantage of iOS platform is that Apple comes up with new firmware which changes the features and improves the functionality of the devices. Whenever Apple offers new firmware, it gives you the notification in your settings option.
We love to use our Apple products especially on Wi-Fi because of the limitation while downloading any application which is over 100 MB. New iOS firmware will install automatically while connected to Wi-Fi even if the user doesn’t want to be on. It is always better to be on updated iOS. This increases the efficiency of Apple products but it is a caution for someone who has jailbroken the device.
Limitation for Jailbroken devices is that you can’t update your device to latest firmware. One needs to take precaution if your phone is hacked. The reason is that if updated, you might lose your hack or your Apple product might turn into a brick.
Steps to restrict automatic update of iPhone and iPad
- In any Apple iPhone and iPad Open Safari browser.
- In safari browser, you should enter a link: github.io/app/NOOTA.mobileconfig
- Once you will enter the link, safari will reload and asks you to install the profile.
- You need to install the profile for the appropriate product for e.g. if you are using iPhone then you need to select iPhone or any other displayed option.
- The selected product will now open the settings section with installed file and you need to click on new.
- Click the install button which is in the upper right corner and you need to enter the password of the device.
- To confirm the installation by double clicking the install button.
- After clicking the install button your device prompts you to restart your iPhone which will reboot your iPhone.
This is the easiest way to restrict the automatic update as your device will send requests for new update but after the installation of this update your device will be restricted and will not receive new updates. In future, if you want to update for the latest update you can easily remove the installed profile under profile.