In your mac, you don’t always see invisible files without authorization, but there are many invisible files present in your macOS. Among them, we know the documents .DS_Store (meant to keep track of your display settings) or Thumbs.db which does the same with our cousins Windows. Some software exist to delete them without having to reveal them via a command in Terminal (and avoid doing stupid things).
USBclean quickly and easily removes all those pesky junk and ghost files from your external Windows formatted USB drives. .DS_Store, Thumbs.db, .Spotlight, and trashes files take up precious space, and can cause issues on some devices.
USBclean is useful for:
- cleaning annoying files which don’t play on your media devices.
- removal of Mac only files (useful when sharing USB drive with a friends PC).
- removal of Windows only files which take up useful space
How To Make disappear .DS_Store, Thumbs.db and other invisible files by ‘USBclean’
Operation is simple:
- Launch the application and drag and drop the drive in its dock window. The operation starts automatically.
- Depending on the settings you have specified in its preferences, USBclean display a notification once the work is completed.
Note: ‘USBclean’ ejects volumes after performing cleaning and the operation is to repeat regularly since the systems’ operations continue creates .DS_Store, Thumbs.db and other invisible files