On Monday evening, Apple released together with a third developer beta version of iOS 10 and the macOS Sierra tvOS 10 also watchOS 3 Beta 3, which was seeded to Apple’s registered developers yesterday.Today IDB has taken a deep look into the watchOS beta 3, found there are dozens of fixed added in the third beta of watchOS 3, solving various issues with watch that were reported in previous beta’s.
While iOS 10 Beta 3 brings a total of 15 new features and lots of fixes, and on other there are no major new features but some bug fixes.
Major fixes in watchOS 3 beta 3
These are following, that have been fixed in watchOS 3 beta 3:
- Replying to an Activity Sharing notification from a friend sometimes fails to send.
- Replies to an Activity Sharing notification with a message may fail.
- The contextual text above the reply to an Activity Sharing notification is incorrect.
- When adding a new payment card to Apple Pay, if an incorrect expiration or CVV is entered, upon entry of a new value and hitting “Next” the running process will crash.
- In-app Apple Pay purchases that require PIN entry may cause a crash.
- Calendar may show “No Events” in Calendar after updating.
- Clock face layout resets after reboot.
- Currently there is no TCC prompt on the watchOS side.
- Haptic alert may not trigger during Emergency SOS countdown.
- If a media attachment is too large, the notification fires on iPhone and not Apple Watch.
- When attempting to hand off a relay call from Apple Watch to iPhone while on the lock screen, the call may be dropped.
- When iPhone is on CS/VoLTE, relay calls answered on alternate devices do not have DL audio and the call may drop after 30 seconds.
- Auto-pause and auto-resume sometimes fail in Workout, but third-party apps are not affected.
watchOS 3: the coolest new features
Since the first beta of watchOS 3 released at WWDC 2016, we took it for a spin and published detailed video breakthroughs of some of the most exciting new features.
Faster performance, Instant Launch & simpler navigation
A creative destruction of the Apple Watch operating system, watch OS 3 does a lot of things right by enabling faster performance, simplified navigation and launching your favorite apps instantly via a new Dock feature.
[iframe src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/jsCAvEX_lP4″ width=”100%” height=”371″]