How to buy an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus of iOS 10.1.1 version, so you can jailbreak!
Popular known hacker and Italian developer Luca Todesco made his first public jailbreak for iOS 10.1.1. His tool, Yalu is based on Google Exploit and is so far only available for selected devices, among which are the latest flagship from Apple. Jailbreak works on iPhone 7, 7+, 6S and iPad and pledged support for additional devices.
The current version of the jailbreak tool only works for the above-mentioned devices, plus it has a condition your iPhone must be on iOS 10.1 – 10.1.1. This means that the latest iOS 10.2 is not jailbroken or Yalu tool doesn’t support iOS 10.2. Due to the highly secure software, you can’t roll back to lower version. For this reason, those who meet the condition of the device, but they have the latest version so are out of luck.
So if you plan to buy an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus and would like to make a jailbreak, there is a high chance that the device already purchased the latest iOS 10.2. Here are a few tips to increase the chances that you purchase an older iOS devices.
A few tips to increase the chances to buy the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus with older iOS
- Buy it at the store, which has a high marketability of the iPhone 7. Due to this will be in stock rather older inventory.
- Ask the store person, when the iPhone has arrived. If you find that it is been received before dec 12, chances are high as they will be on iOS 10.1 / iOS 10.1.1
- If you can afford to buy a 256 gigabytes variant, again due to lower sales of those models increases the chances that it will have an older iOS.
- IMikeyB user of Reddit discovered that iPhones have a preinstalled version 10.1.1 iOS by serial numbers. It is about:
- _SP _ SQ _ SR _ SS _ ST _ SU _ SV should have a preinstalled version of iOS 10.1.1.
- _SO And below should have a preinstalled version IOS 10.1 and lower.
- _SW And above have a high probability version of iOS 10.2
If you do plan to buy a new iPhone 7 and think about the jailbreak, you can get these tips to increase the chance that it will be able to do.